Spouse Immigration | Spouse Imigration | Battered Spouse Immigration | K3 Visa Attorney | Australia Immigration Spouse Visa | H1b Spouse

Spouse Imigration

H-1B Visas Are Better Than Spouse Imigration

Under the Immigration & Nationality Act, a United States employer can temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. These visas fall under the H-1B non-immigrant visa in the United States. Unlike spouse imigration, the requirements for obtaining an H-1B are very specific.

The regulations define a "specialty occupation" as work that requires a particular skill or knowledge. The position requires practical and theoretical application from a person that is highly skilled or has specialized knowledge in the field. The worker is required to have at least a bachelor degree or the equivalent and state licensure in their chosen field.

The H-1B visa requires that the holder must be sponsored by a particular company. This is not as straightforward as it sounds. The United States Department of Labor is accountable for making sure that foreign workers are not taking jobs that American citizens can perform. Therefore, the company must show there are several reasons for hiring foreign labor.

With the crack-down on spouse imigration applications, many have turned to applying for H-1B visas. Even through these visas are temporary, workers are looking for ways to have them extended. An H-1B visa is generally good for six years. Should the visa holder want to continue to work in the United States after that time, they must remain outside the United States for one year before reapplying.

There are some exceptions to this rule. One of those exceptions is for the visa holder to submit an I-140 immigrant petition or labor certification before their fifth year anniversary. The process can become complicated. If you are unsure what to do, I would recommend seeking legal counsel.

While the H-1B is a non-immigrant visa, it is one of the few visas that are classified with dual intent. This means while holding this visa the individual can file for legal immigrant status. The employee based green card process used to only take a few years. However, with the changes in spouse imigration and other visa, this process has become backlogged. Because of this, many people are seeking other alternatives.

The H-1B process has not changed in the last couple of decades. The downside to this visa is that it is still temporary. Therefore, if the holder is waiting to learn about their green card status, they will have to renew their H-1B visa in one to three year increments. This will keep them in legal status while they are waiting for their green card to come through.

Cape Coral, Lakewood, Albemarle, Paducah, Newport, Cape Girardeau, Madisonville, Waycross, Pelham, Patchogue, Rio Rancho, Dobbs Ferry, West Virginia, Fresno, Bastrop, Clinton, Centerville, Dublin, Illinois, Auburn, Marathon, Jeffersonville, Detroit, Monroe, Edwardsville, Vernon Hills, Louisiana, Port Arthur, Bryan, Hillsboro, Colorado, Tarboro, Beaver Dam, West Haverstraw, Decatur, Colton, Rapid City, Portland, Hickory Hills, Montana, Indianola, Virgin Islands, Yonkers, Fostoria, Speedway, Bartlett, South Bend, Northbrook, Marco Island, Herndon, Port Lavaca, St. Matthews, Raytown, Georgetown, Rowlett, Waltham, El Segundo, Overland Park, Bryant, Clive, Talladega, Riverbank, Quincy, Asheboro, Fremont, Clarksville, Wanaque, Brookfield, New Jersey, Onalaska, Grants Pass, North Canton, East Point, Okmulgee, South Portland, North Carolina, West Fargo, Grafton, Freeport, Altamonte Springs, Parma, Franklin Park, Milford (balance), Matthews, Gloversville, Alaska, Topeka, Columbia, Vicksburg, Silver City, Wake Forest, Mississippi, Lafayette, Germantown, Windsor, Brainerd, Apple Valley, Piqua, Cartersville

Immigration FAQs - How Do I Apply For Naturalization?

By Rob Zygelman
Read and familiarize yourself with these great top tips regarding the requirements needed to become a Naturalized US Citizen. With lots of fabulous benefits afforded to US citizens you'll want to study them for sure!

Different Types of Visas and Immigration Status

By James Witherspoon
aking the decision to bring yourself or a valued employee to the United States from abroad can mark the beginning of an important new chapter in your life or the life of your company. But the process of obtaining the necessary visa to permit legal entry for a temporary stay can be complicated and confusing.

All You Need to Know About How to Get a Green Card

By Dennis Mugira
For many people, knowing how to get a Green Card can seem complicated and too long a process. It does take time, but your chances of getting a Green Card are greatly improved if you understand whether you qualify for one. Here is a list of the different situations that allow you to get a Green Card.

Green Card Through Marriage - 5 Things You Should Know

By Douglas M. Lightman
Applying for a green card through marriage is not without its risks and pitfalls. In this article you will find a brief overview of the marriage green card process and a discussion about 5 things everyone should know about the process.

EB-5 Investment Visa Requirements

By Brian D. Lerner
The EB-5 is one of the nicest visas for persons who can invest $1,000,000 in a traditional investment or $500,000 in a Regional Center. The options for an EB-5 are wide open and will also allow your spouse and unmarried children under 21 to immigrate with their Green Cards as well.

Spouse Immigration | Spouse Imigration | Battered Spouse Immigration | K3 Visa Attorney | Australia Immigration Spouse Visa | H1b Spouse